Development of A 3D Proximity-Operation Test System for
On-Orbit Servicing a Non-Cooperative Object
- Design and construct a unique 3D proximity-operation test system for flying around, inspecting, or servicing a non-cooperative object in orbit.
- Investigate the fidelity and performance of the test system.
- Unique method of rendering accurate 3D tumbling (3-axis rotation while keeping the mass center at rest).
- Hardware-in-the-loop (real-time) dynamic simulation of in a fully controlled environment.
- Method to test multi-agent dynamic behavior for team co-operations.
- Scalable in terms of team size and the 3D space.
- Allows to physically test 3D proximity motion behavior which are difficult to do on other types of ground-based test facilities.
- Allows to visualize and test physical group behavior of a team of servicing vehicles in orbit.
- Allows to test real sensors and other hardware components in an integrated system.
- Provides a safe and fully controlled testing environment.